Interested in joining our growing team?
Spero Renewables is a clean technology company making plant-based substitutes to products made today from petroleum. Spero utilizes its proprietary technology to unlock the resources of readily available biomass for making natural and environmentally friendly products . The company culture focuses on autonomy, minimal bureaucracy, and offers advancement and growth for contributing team members. The R&D site is located in a highly desirable technology corridor adjacent to the University of California Santa Barbara.
Process Development Engineer
Spero Renewables LLC, Goleta, CA 93117
Spero Renewables seeks a chemical engineering professional to join our dynamic team in the area of process scaleup and commercialization. The successful candidate will take on a leadership role to further develop Spero’s advanced lab-scale technologies and advance the technology through piloting to commercial implementation.
As a Process Development Engineer, job responsibilities and experience include the following:
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience in the area of biomass processing
- Experienced in catalytic processes and catalyst development
- Ready to plan and conduct lab scale experiments to optimize process
- Hands-on experience in the details of conceptual process design and process scale-up from laboratory to commercial demonstration.
- Must be skilled in development of professional quality PFD's, P&ID's, HMB's, and in detailed specification of process equipment.
- Experience with process hazard analyses (PHA, HAZOP)
- Maintain quality, schedules and budgets of third-party engineering and fabrication of modular process systems
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative work style
Experience in the following areas a plus:
- Experience in biomass valorization and products separations/purification
- FEL project management process
- Experience in the procurement and contracting process for Engineering and Construction Services
- Manage acceptance of 3rd party fabricated process modules
- Development of commissioning plan
Please submit resume and cover letter to: